|4 - (Outstanding)
Response meets 6 out of 7 of these criteria:
For an "outstanding" rating, the team must write something innovative
or insightful, such as ...
- All response areas are filled out
- Figures are drawn and labelled as directed
- Problem statement is reasonable
- Number of valid spinner configurations found is 3 or greater.
- One of the 8 valid spinners has been selected, or one of the
repeated number geometries. (see below)
- All spinners examined are identified correctly as "fair" or "not
fair". Assume a geometry that has no fairness label to be 'fair'.
- A sentence justifying the team selection is present and convincing.
- An explanation why their spinner is more "fun".
- Selection of one of the repeated number fair spinners
- A recognition of the fact that there must be as many numbers below 4
as there are above it for a spinner to be 'fair'.
|3 - (Very good)
||Any response that fails at least 2 of the above "outstanding"
criteria, but has no missing essential elements (restatement,
|2 - (Good)
||Any response below a "Very Good". This is a response that is missing
one or more essential elements, or did not follow the instructions.