GRADE 5 MEASUREMENT (1998)
Make sure you include proper units in your answer!
- Trong wants to make a fruit salad. His recipe calls for 3 oranges, 5 bananas and 8 apples and it serves 6 people. If he wants to serve 30 people, how many apples will he need?
- What is the area and perimeter of this figure?
- How many square tiles, 9 inches on each side, will it take to cover a 12 foot by 6 foot rectangular area? Assume that the tiles are placed right next to each other with no space between them.
- A bicyclist riding at 12 miles per hour travels for 3 hours. How long did it take a hiker at 4 miles per hour to travel the same distance as the bicyclist?
- Find the area of this figure made up of rectangles. All measurements are in meters.