GRADE 7 GEOMETRIC SENSE (1998)
Make sure you include proper units in your answer.
1. The figure shown is a prism constructed of 1 inch cubes. Determine the surface area of the prism.
2. Figure TRAP is a trapezoid. Note that angle TPA is a right angle.
(a) Find the measure of angle 1.
(b) Find the measure of angle 2.
(c) Find the area of the trapezoid.
3. Determine the vertical height, h, of the playground slide shown in the figure.
4. Transformations can be reflections, rotations, or slides. Slides are sometimes called translations. There is one transformation, each, which allows you to go from the original to A and then to B and finally to C in the figure shown. In order, what are those 3 transformations?
5. The vertices of a regular hexagon ABCDEF are on a circle with center O and radius 2 cm.
(a) What is the measure ofABC (one of the six angles in the interior of the hexagon)?
(b) What is the difference, in cm, between the circumference of the circle and the perimeter of the hexagon?